I haven't been to Women's Conference for seven years and couldn't wait to go back. So I started planning to attend back in November when I bought my airplane tickets. I was so excited to go for months. My sister in law Carla and my mother in law Jeanne attended the conference with me. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment which sleeps exactly three people and had a full kitchen. Jeanne and I flew into Salt Lake City airport and took two trains into Provo the night before the conference started. Carla drove in by herself from Cedar City and met us at the apartment.
We attended all the same classes, helped eachother with the "take and make" service projects, attended the service room workshops, enjoyed the concert, stayed up late talking and reminicing, and were filled with motivation to return home and keep doing the good things we were doing but with a little more "spunk" in our step.
Here's part of the Marriott Center where everyone would start and end each days conference. It was so neat to be amongst so many women of the gospel, each of us there trying to make new goals, seek advice, and be spiritually uplifted. I found that everyone is doing their very best each day to live the gospel and strengthen their testimonies. I realized that we are all wanting and trying to do what is right even with the different obstacles we are faced with.
This was one of the service rooms where we put together hygiene kits for local shelters. My job was to dump out the contents of each bag, after it was filled to make sure there wasn't anything missing or any extra items in the bag.
The pocket hearts were just one of the "take and make" activities you could pick up on the first day. They are soft and comforting for children in a crisis situation. We could decorate them as we liked on the front then we stuffed and stiched shut. It was nice to listen to talks while working on the hearts.

.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment